The Excluded Middle

Forum for those interested in the vast, uncharted wasteland between Yes and No, I believe/ I don't believe schism that exists in the study of UFOs and the paranormal in general. Also the writings and thoughts of Excluded Middle magazine co-founder and publisher/ editor Greg Bishop.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Reading List

Here's a list of books that have most informed my opinions on the UFO subject and its connections to other paranormal phenomena, and warped me into the person I am today. Read these and we'll talk:

The New Inquisition by Robert Anton Wilson
The Rebirth of Pan by Jim Brandon
Cyberbiological Studies of the Imaginal Component in the UFO Contact Experience - Edited by Dennis Stillings
Messengers of Deception by Jacques Vallee
Angels and Aliens by Keith Thompson
Visionaries, Mystics, and Contactees by Salvador Freixedo
The Omega Project by Kenneth Ring
The Conscious Universe by Dean Radin
Flying Saucer Occupants by Coral Lorenzen
Mysterious America by Loren Coleman
People of the Web by Gregory Little
Saucers of the Illuminati by Jim Keith
Breakthrough by Whitley Strieber
The Humanoids - edited by Charles Bowen
Mind Trek by Joseph McMoneagle

10 Comments:

  • At November 07, 2006 9:44 PM, Blogger Greg Bishop said…

    Thanks for checking out the list. Yeah, that one is very rare. I don't plan on selling mine! I had some great back-and-forth letters with him many years ago. I've heard he wrote some other, much more controversial books under his real name. I found my copy of Rebirth on bookfinder a few years ago and was lucky enough to be the first to ask, so I got it for $30.

     
  • At November 08, 2006 8:20 PM, Blogger Mac said…

    I've got a photocopied "edition" of "Rebirth" in a binder. Better than nothing!

     
  • At November 09, 2006 1:03 AM, Blogger Greg Bishop said…

    I had the same thing for a couple of years. Mario Pazzaglini--the "alien writing" researcher sent it to me.

     
  • At November 09, 2006 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice blog. Good list; I've read some (Vallee of course, Radin, Lorenzen, Coleman, Keith, Thompson, a few others) and am looking forward to both Wilson's The New Inquisition and Freixedo's Visionaries, Mystics, and Contactees . The last one seems particularly juicy; I am very interested in the relationships between UFO experience, BVM and other apparitional encounters, and the journeys of the religious/spiritual.

    Have you read Daimonic Reality by Patrick Harpur?

     
  • At November 10, 2006 9:51 PM, Blogger Greg Bishop said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At November 10, 2006 10:00 PM, Blogger Greg Bishop said…

    In the back of my mind, I was always put off by the British spelling of the title, and of the author's last name.

    "D-E-M-O-N-I-C"
    "H-A-R-P-E-R"

    ...but I should check out the book after I get through with the 4 or 5 I've got going now.

    It's even stranger when Americans try to use the lexicon. Yesterday I went to see the "Borat" movie and the theater promo before the feature read "Pacific Theatres" thereby resorting to anglicisms to lend some sort of faux-respectability to something that doesn't deserve it. Bad show.

    Greg

     
  • At November 11, 2006 5:40 PM, Blogger Greg Bishop said…

    Yeah, Freixedo's book is heavy on the details, including one case where a witness' flesh supposedly melted off his bones in front of horrified witnesses. Good horror story even if it is probably not true. I always found the South American stories more interesting than the American counterparts. There probably are a lot of cultural reasons for this, which someone should look into.

    Greg

     
  • At November 29, 2006 4:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do read Arthur Greenfield's - Warning. I'm sure you'd appreciate it.

     
  • At December 08, 2006 8:00 PM, Blogger Greg Bishop said…

    Do you mean ALLEN Greenfield?

    Greg

     
  • At December 09, 2006 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No, Arthur Greenfield or Art Greenfield. Book titled: Warning.

    Reptoid aliens eating humans and when they aren't eating humans they're having sex with us.

    Back to your list - I wish Greg Little would do another UFO-Alien book. Even though People of the Web had a decidedly Christian POV, his ideas make sense. Instead he went into the business of Edgar Cayce and that organization.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home