The Excluded Middle

Forum for those interested in the vast, uncharted wasteland between Yes and No, I believe/ I don't believe schism that exists in the study of UFOs and the paranormal in general. Also the writings and thoughts of Excluded Middle magazine co-founder and publisher/ editor Greg Bishop.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

I Can't Tell If This Guy Is Joking

...even though he steps back once in awhile to say that he is. Read it first so you can see where I'm coming from. It's short.

"Black Operations and Government Cover-Ups! The Catch-22 Of It All!" by Lyle Michel is full of so many exclamation points that I'm not sure if the guy has all of his ducks in a row. Maybe he's just getting into the subject. It sure reads like he's excited.

Michel takes it for granted that there have been many crashed UFOs and dead aliens retrieved by the government. He does not say that there is compelling evidence that this has happened, he states it as a fact. He says so numerous times.

Michel has probably not looked very far into the literature on "black ops" as he calls them. He assigns anything secret-government-wise that agrees with his preconceptions as truths and those that don't as disinfo. Strongly held beliefs translate into "facts," as he calls them. This is exactly what these shadowy people want him and other saucer enthusiasts to do. Actually, I do have a strong suspicion that some pretty strange hardware has fallen to Earth and that people have examined it. It might be non-human hardware. This sort of fence-sitting infuriates the hardcore, but I'm afraid I need to see something for myself in order to take more than a theoretical stock in its existence.

The lengths that counter-intelligence will go to to protect information, whether it has to do with UFOs or not, is almost beyond what most of us can imagine. Here's a simple example: The reason that supposed Area 51 physicist Bob Lazar saw caputred flying saucers might be that he was actually shown some sort of elaborate model with the idea that he would go and talk about it later. Maybe he knew he was supposed to talk about it. If it was so incredibly secret, we would probably never have heard from him. The whole affair stirs up the soup so that the intelligence people can see who sticks to whom and what floats and what doesn't.

Maybe we have perfected anti-gravity craft. The UFO/ aliens cover is just about as perfect a scenario to keep the press and serious academia away as you could imagine. I offer this as a suggestion, not a fact, becuase I have no idea if its true. Nick Cook's book The Hunt For Zero Point makes a compelling case that anti-gravity hardware was perfected decades ago, and to me this is more plausible than captured craft stored deep in caves or hangars. Maybe we captured something and back-engineered it, just as the believers say, but at this point I have more faith in humankind's ingenuity than in an unproven belief.

The argument that Roswell fans and others have used is that there has been enough witness evidence gathered from numerous cases to convince any jury that these events have actually happened. The trouble with this line of reasoning is that while everyone knows what a robbery or murder is, not many of us have seen or experienced a crashed flying saucer. That's one small step for a ufologist and one giant leap of faith for those they are trying to convince.

This tired game has gotten us nowhere, but some still continue to play it, and as a paranoid I once knew said "That's just what they want you to think!!"

5 Comments:

  • At December 03, 2006 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greg --

    This post (well, actually the article you referenced here) helped inspire me to complete an article I've been thinking about for a while about the gullibility of some folks in the UFO community.

    It really is pretty sad.

    The conspiracy buffs have got it all wrong -- we are our own worst enemy.

    Daniel

     
  • At December 04, 2006 11:38 AM, Blogger Greg Bishop said…

    Well, the "conspiracy buffs" are apprently in it for reasons other than to find out what is going on, I think they have their own ideas and fit everything in that worldview of paranoia, helplessness, and not a little ego. Some people who are lumped in that group are truly looking to expose what is going on, particularly in the political arena, such as Greg Palast, Kenn Thomas, and Rob Sterling. As for UFO people,

    I can't really think of anyone who doesn't have a transparent agenda, except perhaps Nick Redfern. Most of those who are doing the work I admire are quiet about it, which is the way to do it. Randy Koppang surprises me every once in awhile, but I'll bet you've never heard of him!

     
  • At December 05, 2006 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Greg
    This may amuse you: someone named "Vic Swick" (if that's not a faked name, I don't know what is!) saw your comment here about me not having a transparent agenda and emailed me asking if this was proof I was a MIB!!!
    I replied, that yeah I am a MIB because black clothes are all I pretty much own. But, that no, I'm not a _real_ MIB, because the Secret Government wouldn't agree to pay me enough.
    He wrote back saying that I wasn't taking him seriously, and I replied that no I wasn't and told him to go and fuck himself.
    Your blog is generating interesting traffic! LOL.
    Best,
    Nick

     
  • At December 05, 2006 8:25 PM, Blogger Greg Bishop said…

    What the hell's an MIB supposed to be these days anyway? I haven't heard of a report of one for almost 30 years!

    Oh yes, they're better at silencing people these days. I'm not letting you buy me beer anymore.

    Greg

     
  • At December 06, 2006 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No more beer? It will have to be whisky then....
    Yeah, you're right re the MIB comment. I have images of that guy never leaving the house, sitting in a darkened little room peering from behind the curtains and seeing MIBs everywhere.
    If the sad little prick is reading this (are you reading this "Vic"?) perhaps he can let us know if my assessment of him is right?
    Nick

     

Post a Comment

<< Home